3 moves to wake up
Tired, wired or overworked? These stealth yoga poses will sort you out and help kick-start your day
Upward-facing dog with lion breath
1. Lie face down. Exhale as you press your hands into the floor by your sides and straighten your arms.
2. Allow the tops of your thighs to lift, keeping your bottom relaxed.
3. Inhale through your nose. Exhale through your mouth making a ‘ha’ sound, opening your mouth wide.
4. Inhale and relax your face into a neutral expression, then exhale and release back down to the mat.
5. Repeat this sequence of movements 3 more times.
Warrior I with eagle arms
1. Start with your feet together, then exhale as you step your left foot back 1 metre.
2. Keeping your hips facing forward, align your left heel behind your right heel, then turn your left foot out 45 degrees.
3. Inhale and raise your arms up. Exhale and swing your left arm underneath the right to wrap the arms and bring the palms to touch. Bend your right knee.
4. Stay for 8 breaths, then do the other side.
1. Lie on your tummy, then bend your knees to bring your heels to your bottom. Reach back and hold the outside of your ankles.
2. Inhale and press your feet into your hands, lifting them away from your bottom.
3. Exhale and lift your thighs away from the floor, allowing your upper body to lift off the mat. Slide your shoulders back and down, keeping your neck lengthened.
4. Hold the pose for 8 deep breaths. Release then repeat twice more.
Want more moves to unwind before bed? Head to page 84 of our October issue for some body-loving moves.
This is a terrible toy to buy your child unless you want them to grow up awesome.
So proud of my mother for doing her own research after I sent her that meme. A sign she hung in her car window.
Is this true?
Not only is it true, it gets worse. The Susan G Komen For The Cure Foundation has actually successfully sued “competing” charities, because (paraphrasing) their “message or branding was infringing.”
You read that correctly: they took money that people had donated to cure cancer, and hired attorneys with it, to sue ANOTHER group of people trying to find a cure for cancer, who, in turn, had to use their donated money to hire their own legal counsel to defend themselves.
There’s a documentary about this on Netflix called Pink Ribbons, Inc. if anyone’s interested.
This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.